Thursday, March 12, 2009

John and Mary Graham

This is John and Mary Graham. They are the parents of Joyce-Astarte Booker, Antoinette Jones, Etta Haygood, John Graham Jr. and Mary Agnes Graham. They are Grandparents to my siblings and I and our cousins: Joseph, Sean and Francesca Haygood, John John Graham, Maxi Jones Jr., and Paul Graham. As I learn about and discover more family members, I will add my findings accordingly. John Graham left this earth shortly after his eldest daughter and the mother who raised me (whom I call mom) Joyce-Astarte Booker passed of Cancer about 20 years ago. His wife Mary joined him a few years later. Originally from Columbus, Tennessee, both are buried in Cinncinnatti, Ohio where they used to have a great big house on Hewitt St. and where they raised thier big brood. From what I know so far, my Grandfather was a Mortician who liked to keep to himself when ever us kids were around, and I remember him being a member of the Knights of Columbus. My Grandmother Mary was also a quiet woman from another world and time. (her first child was born in 1939) Apparently she used to go to work at the Hostess Cupcakes Factory. There's still so much I have to learn, but this is a start. The time to discover the stories and keep them alive has come.